It’s Been 2 years Since I Started Writing on Medium and..
I started my journey in 2019 when I first discovered this platform. I started out with short poems that I randomly posted on Instagram and that’s when I knew content writing would be something that I really want to do! I took a one year break to focus on my 12th exams which of course didn’t happen, courtesy — Pandemic. I first started writing about my opinions and small motivational blogs to which I got good response as I was CONSISTENT! Everyday, I sat down and just wrote about things. I also made some mistakes in the beginning which was not focusing on QUALITY. Remember, proof-reading is a must. One blog in 2 days was my goal and I tried my best to achieve it at that time.
I deleted some of them when I came back to the platform and decided to write about business, startups, personal experiences and more. What I want to convey is that never doubt your hard work. It’s been 2 years and if I sit down and think about it, I realize how far I’ve come. A newbie with no knowledge of how the world works and now I’m a part of that world.
If you’re new to this platform and not able to decide your genre, do this:-
- Start by writing about anything, what you feel etc. I wrote about love, mind when I first started. I read articles, learnt a lot and later, found my place.
2. Be consistent. It’s always appreciated.
- With consistency comes your audience. Writing regular is surely to catch some eyes to your profile because at some point, people are gonna wanna see who’s on fire and it’s you!
- With consistency comes improvement in quality. Every criticism is to be taken as constructive. And you learn a lot while you write. You let your mind expand to produce great ideas. It’s always healthy to have such realizations.
3. Read what interests you. Write what inspires you.
4. Showcase your writing skills here. From sharing your opinion on anything to showing your poetry skills, just START!
Time changes. I don’t know what I would write tomorrow and this is what excites me, not knowing. Keeps my mind running, thinking about ideas and this small journey is what builds you, nourishes your skills.
There’s this song by Old Man Canyon — Phantoms and Friends. It’s first three lines are literal GOLD or just some lines. Remember, your vision shows YOU!
When I awoke I felt the call to go
Those places that I never thought I’d go
I spent the time to see which way to walk
Well, that’s it for now. I gave a hint in this about my next blog. One more hint is Marketing, what I love! Stay tuned.